Terms & Conditions
- Full payment is due immediately in order to secure your provisional booking. Bookings work on a first-come-first-serve basis and can only be confirmed once payment is received.
- Payment for extras on the day (including special services) must be by EFT (via mobile banking app) on the day.
- Funds must reflect in our bank account before the move takes place. POP must be sent to email@example.com with YOUR MOVE NUMBER used as the payment reference.
- The customer will be required to cover bank charges should he/she make a cash deposit into our account or make payment from a bank account outside of South Africa.
- When we receive payment, a vehicle and team will be assigned to your move.
- If you wish to cancel/postpone your move, you must do so at least 5 full business days before your move date.
- If you do not cancel/postpone more than 5 full business days before your move date, you will be liable for the full quoted price of your move.
- All bank transfers must reflect in our account before the move.
- All small items to be moved must be packed into boxes or bags before our team arrives. Packing costs will apply if we are required to do this work.
- You must make sure you have the necessary manuals and specialised tools for dismantling/ handling.
- Customers must not leave any valuables lying around including cell phones, wallets and sunglasses. We will not be liable for the loss of these items.
- You must inspect the premises and truck before departure to ensure all goods have been moved and nothing is left in the vehicle.
- You, or your representative, are responsible for the security of your goods at pick up and delivery points.
- You must arrange for parking and/or any necessary cooperation and compliance with your body corporate.
- Two (2) men must be able to EASILY carry and load all items if you as the customer selected the smaller, open vehicle (flatbed). If you selected the larger, closed vehicle (truck), three (3) men must be able to EASILY carry and load all items unless otherwise specified by you in writing. Any item too heavy will not be moved.
- We must be notified at least 5 full business days before move date of any items to be moved that are made of glass, such as but not limited to, glass panes, table tops, frames or mirrors. Any glass item not mentioned in advance will be moved at the customers risk and we will not be liable for any damage to the item.
- By agreeing to these terms you declare that all goods to be removed are your property or you have the authority of the owner to enter into a contract in respect of the goods to be removed.
- You may not defer payment to us or offset any amount due to us in the event of a claim or dispute
- Two Men and a Truck will not be liable for any loss of income relating to damage/loss to/of any item caused by negligence or not.
The quote is based on the information provided by you, the customer. Any change to the details of the move might affect the quote. Additional charges will be applied on the day if:
- there are extra goods,
- goods do not fit in the lift, stairs or doorway, or if the road approach and parking is not suitable for our vehicles,
- if there are parking restrictions / goods lift restrictions, or if there are steps/stairs/hill incline/extra distance or other obstacle which could affect the move.
- you require special services,
- there are any changes to the details of the move,
- there are any delays beyond our control.
Our Special Services
We must be notified in writing at least 5 full business days before the move start time if you require special services (below). If we are not notified beforehand, it will be at the discretion of the move manager to decide whether to provide the following services:
- connecting/ disconnecting plumbing/electrical equipment
- box packing
- bubble/protective plastic wrapping
- box delivery/collection
- Your furniture to be moved is insured up to a value of R100 000 at no additional cost to you.
- If additional insurance is required, the customer should contact their household insurance broker.
- We must be notified in writing of any damages to goods within 48 hours of the move (delivery). The time limit is essential.
- We will not be liable if you were careless in the non-avoidance of any damage or any part of the damage was sustained due to your own negligence. This includes damage to lifts.
- You will be responsible for the payment of the basic excess: 10% of claim (minimum R1300). In the case of theft/hijacking: 20% of claim (minimum R3300).
- The following are not covered by our insurance:
- furs, jewellery, bullion, precious and semi-precious metals and stones, curiosities, items of art, money, documents, stamps, sunglasses, keys, cell phones, tablets, laptops, data.
- the functioning of electronic equipment and motor-driven goods
- firearms, explosives, dangerous substances
- foods and drinks
- any goods not packed or unpacked by our movers
- items left inside furniture and loose unpacked items
- property or goods damaged as a result of difficult access (unless we were told about this at least 5 full business days before the move time)
- documents or other things that can be used as negotiable instruments.
- faults of any type related to the insured goods, such as (but not limited to) defects, workmanship or professional advice.
- the consequences of delay, depreciation, loss of market or other charges related to or resulting from the transportation of your goods.
- actions related directly to your insured goods, such as (but not limited to) gradual deterioration or inherent or latent defects.
- inherent vice or defect, vermin, insects, damp, mildew or rust.
- detention, confiscation or requisition by customs or other officials or authorities.
- wear and tear or gradual deterioration (including the gradual action of light or climatic or atmospheric conditions), unless following an accident or misfortune not otherwise excluded.
- mechanical, electronic or electrical breakdown, failure, breakage or derangement of the insured property, unless following an accident or misfortune not otherwise excluded.
- Property outside South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Malawi.