Removal Company that can Hoist Furniture
Removal company, Two Men and a Truck, can hoist your furniture if you need a hoist/move done in the Cape Town area.
First of all, what is hoisting?
Hoist(v)- to raise or lower something by means of ropes and pulleys. Done by our removal company experts.
When do we hoist?
You might need us to hoist furniture into or out of a block of flats or a house that has multiple levels. The movers hoist the item down the outside of the building from a higher floor to the ground, or hoist the item up from the ground level to a higher floor. We generally hoist items off a balcony or out of a large window.
What items do we hoist?
We can hoist large items, like a king size bed, a three-seater couch, or a large cabinet. If the item is too big to fit in a lift (or the stairwell is too narrow to carry the item down/up) we might need to hoist it.
How do Cape Town movers price hoisting?
Because hoisting is a specialised and potentially dangerous task, it requires careful planning, preparation, execution and most importantly highly skilled movers. It is, therefore, quite time consuming. We base the quote on the number of movers and an estimate of how much time it will take to complete the task.The time factor varies widely depending on the item and conditions. It can be as little as 30 minutes and up to 2 hours or more. Each hoisting situation is unique, with its own unique challenges and solutions. Therefore there is no fixed price for hoisting items. Prices for hoisting start at R500 per item and can range up to R2000/item.
What you need to know
How to ensure a clean hoist?
- Make sure you have provided all information about the item to be hoisted; its dimensions and weight.
- Describe in detail the access (balcony, protruding obstructions etc) so the team knows ahead of time what to expect.
- Provide photos where possible.
- Inform neighbours of the hoist. Using the balcony of the flat above is often required.
- For safety, other residents should be informed that heavy objects will be suspended from the side of the building during your move.
What items can’t be hoisted?
Two Men and a Truck cannot hoist super heavy items like pianos, marble and stone tables, and unusually heavy wooden cabinets.
Other factors that affect hoisting
- bad weather (especially wind)
- obstructions such as other balconies or obstacles protruding from the face of the building
- weight (some items are simply too heavy)
- access (glass balconies or lack of access to a suitable position to hoist from)
Finally, for more information please contact us- submit a move request here.